This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     Markus_ACDC
    Participant

Hello,

i am new to the Forum and english isn’t my first language so excuse any typos.

i have a question regarding the “IG42 24VDC 078 RPM Gear Motor with Encoder”, i am in not a novice with electrical engeneering etc. and i hope that maybe some of you could help me with my problem.

As i mentioned i am working with the IG42 24VDC 078 RPM Gear Motor with Encoder in an chain sprocket construction and i recently got a problem where the motor tries to rotate and i have a problem where the motor tries to rotate but fails, it just moves millimeters in either direction and then stops.

I then removed the motor and measured the cables to avoid connection errors. I noticed that the vcc hall cable and vcc ground lead to each other, which is not the case with a new motor. Does anyone have experience with broken motors or what can lead to such an error.

Many thanks for your answers in advance.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hi. Does the motor work if not in closed loop? search the blog for lots of support on encoders https://sdrobots.com/?s=encoder

Markus_ACDC
    Participant

thanks for the reply!

Q: Hi. Does the motor work if not in closed loop?

A: no.

i searched the forum for similar problems but couldn’t find anything.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

If you supply 24VDC to the motor with no load connected does the motor work?

Markus_ACDC
    Participant

Q:If you supply 24VDC to the motor with no load connected does the motor work?

A: No, it does not work with and without load.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

We have never had a motor that will not work at all, sorry you are having this issue. If the motor is not working, you can return it for repair or replacement per our terms and fill out the RMA form. https://www.superdroidrobots.com/Terms-Returns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account