This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 7 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     Daniel
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to the world of robotics but am already hooked. Im currently building a heavy lifting rover, powered by four Jazzy wheelchair motors. My question is, I’d like to use a standard xrl connector on the rover to charge the two 12v batteries connected in series. Do I need some sort of charging circuit for this, or do I just wire up the port spliced to the positive and negative and connect it to a charger?

I’d like to be able to charge both batteries at the same time without removing them and manually connecting to a charger…. I know this is a newbie question, but Im a newbie… be gentle.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

It depends on the charger, but most chargers include the necessary charging circuitry and you shouldn’t have to do anything yourself to make that work. I’m not sure what voltages are present on the XLR connector you’re using, but if the batteries are being charged in series with a 24V charger then make sure you balance the batteries occasionally by charging them separately. Ideally the robot’s charging setup would give you access to each individual battery voltage with two 12V chargers though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account