Tagged: ,

This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by Dave.

• Author
     Dave
    Participant

This may be asked previously, but that data seem pretty old.

What is the best controller to run 4 jazzy motors; whether in mixed or seperate mode.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,
    We have a few different options for motor controllers, and it really just depends how you are controlling it, and what you want to do with the motor controller.
    The Sabertooth 2×60 motor controller is a good option if you want to control it with RC, or a simple serial connection.

The Roboteq MDC2460 is another really good controller that can take RC input, or Serial. The benefit to the Roboteq is that you have a lot more options and parameters to play around with and can easily hook up encoders and set up speed control, or distance control.

Depending on the load, you should be able to get away with one motor controller, but if the load will be higher, I would split the motors between two motor controllers to handle the extra load.

Dave
    Participant

Thank you very much. Any chance you have a wiring diagram for 2 controllers for RC input?

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Here is a rough diagram for RC input to two motor controllers. I would hook up the front motors to one of the motor controllers, and the rear motors to the other motor controller.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Dave
    Participant

Ha, i guessed right :). Thank you !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account