This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     tonynsx
    Participant

I’m new to this site. I have a Craftsman T2200 riding mower that I’m converting to RC. I’m using windshield wiper motor for the steering and also another wiper motor to move the fwd/reverse gears. These are working. I’m trying to figure out how to make it start and stop using rc.

I’m new to RC and electronics, and I looked at this forum, but I need more clarification. Please see attached pictures. The ignition switch looks like a 7 prong relay to me.

Tech Thursday #017: How to Remotely Start/Stop Your Lawn Mower

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hi. You an use remote control (RC) relays. We use the battle switch. Hot wire it at the key ignition switch, don’t bypass it. You will have to put one battle switch on the ignition and another battle switch on the starter solenoid. Again, do this on the key switch so the starter current is still handled by starter solenoid, not the battle switch. You will want to hook up the ignition to a battle switch so you can remotely stop the engine. Don’t turn the key on, or you wont be able to shut it down remotely. You are replacing the key functions with the relays.

This is something you have to be very careful with and make sure your fail safes are working properly, etc. so all bad scenarios result in it shutting off. All the interlocks will need to dealt with like parking brake engaged, someone sitting in the seat, blades off, etc.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by SuperDroid.
     tonynsx
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. So I need 2 of the battle switches? I’ll look into it. Thanks.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Likely 2. ignition and starter. without taking apart and troubleshooting the system, we can not answer with any certainty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account