This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 4 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     dan77062
    Participant

I am connecting the encoders from IG42 motors. Can you give me a link to the mating connector that attaches to the encoder connector on those motors?

I am connecting them to the Dual LS7366R Quadrature Encoder Buffer Breakout Board but don’t need the whole hookup kit, just the mating connector. Should be < 50 cents, but I don’t know how to specify the part.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

For those we suggest our encoder hook-up kit (TE-215-001) as it has the wire, crimps, and headers to help install one of the LS7366R breakouts.

I would suggest looking at either cutting the connector off and splicing in wire, or pick-up up one of our pull-up boards (TE-179-000) if you want to save the connector. TE-179-000 comes with a 2mm header that can connect directly to the encoder.

I hope that helps.

dan77062
    Participant

As I mentioned, I don’t need the whole connector kit or the pullup board and honestly, they are a bit expensive since all I need is that 2mm header and I see some very similar ones that are only 0.37 on Jameco. I could order some from there but I am trying to avoid the delays of ordering, finding out the part is not right, trying again, etc.

Of course I can just cut them off and solder wires, but we may do this for multiple bots and each one has 4 motors, and each encoder has 4 wires, so that is 16 soldering steps per bot that I’d prefer to avoid. Also, if we need to replace a motor, it is good to have connectors to detach rather than soldered connections that have to be cut and re-soldered.

Bottom line, if you have a link to, or even an exact wording of, the mating connector, I’d really appreciate that.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Dan,

Unfortunately, I do not have a part number to provide you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account