Tagged: 

This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by nathmaheshmp.

• Author
     extrascrappy
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently unable to use the index function to reset my counter. As found from browsing on this forum, I tried changing the 0x03 to 0x23 which according to the PDF documentation should be correct. I, however, do not seem to be getting anything… when I change 0x03 to 0x23, I just gett a ton of 0s for my encoder postion.

All of my other code is the same as the example Arduino script.

Help!
    Thank you

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Are you trying to reset the number of counts that the arduino is reading? If that is the case, you can use the command “Encoder1.clearEncoderCount()”

The buffer board does not hook directly up to the Index pins of the LS7366R, so sending that value might not help.

Thank you,
    Marty

extrascrappy
    Participant

Hello,

Hmmm.. ok. But how would i trigger that “encoder clear command” upon every index pulse? I can clear the encoder readings fine from the example Arduino code, but I need to know when that index pulse comes through so that I can execute it accordingly.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Do you physically have the index pin hooked up to the Arduino? If that is the case, then you should be able read the pulse with a digitalRead and clear the encoder counts that way.

extrascrappy
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your response. DigitalRead would work if my particular application didn’t have to spin my motor v fast. But at the speed that I have to use, the pulses would be too fast to be accurately read by the Arduino through a pin.

I just wanted to confirm that from a physical hardware standpoint; does the Dual LS7366R Quadrature Encoder Buffer support the index channel usage because I simply don’t seem to be able to use that feature…. As you alluded to above in Post #2 —> “The buffer board does not hook directly up to the Index pins of the LS7366R”, that would mean, I wouldn’t be able to use it?

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

You are correct, the buffer board does not interface with the index pin directly.

extrascrappy
    Participant

ok. Do u sell any boards that do have the index channel connected?

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Unfortunately we do not, we usually don’t have many people that need the index. If you are good with soldering, you might be able to solder a small wire onto the leg of the LS7366R chip.

nathmaheshmp
    Participant

Are you trying to reset the number of counts that the arduino is reading? If that is the case, you can use the command “Encoder1.clearEncoderCount()”

nathmaheshmp
    Participant

I can clear the encoder readings fine from the counts that the arduino is reading? If that is the case, you can use the command “Encoder1.clearEncoderCount()” example Arduino code, but I need to know when that index pulse comes through so that I can execute it accordingly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account