Tagged: 

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     Walter Poxon
    Participant

I purchased an LT2 kit (unassembled) and have it all put together abd working except for getting the tracks onto the wheels.

I cannot seem to get the tracks to stretch enough to allow me to get the wheels onto the front and rear shafts even with the rear shaft in the fully-forward (shortest distance from the front motor shafts) position.

I have not measured exactly but I think the rear axel shaft is too far away from the center of the hole in the rear wheel by between 0.75” and 1.00” when I am putting some tension on the track and wheels to attempt to stretch the track to allow me to get the rear wheel onto the shaft.

I have also tried taking both the front and rear wheels off, putting the track on the wheels, and then trying to slide both the front and rear wheels onto the axels simultaneously. That is not working either.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hi Walter, you’ll need to “roll” the tracks on. With the rear shaft in the forward position, wrap one side of the track around one of the wheels and get the other side started as much as you can on the other wheel. Now rotate both wheels manually until the track falls into place. You can now tension the tracks by adjusting the screws in the tension blocks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account