This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by SuperDroid Robot User.

• Author

Hi all,
    This is my first post and I am new to this wonderful forum
    A few years ago I bought the 4WD IG52-DB4, 4WD All Terrain Heavy Duty Robot Platform.
    It’s Configurable with onboard Arduino controller that I was able to send basic commands to it by Bluetooth.
    Problem is, to execute the next command the robot takes exactly 4 seconds, which is a very long time. e.g. when I send STOP commands then the robot stops after 4 seconds!!
    How can this solved.. your advice is appreciated.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Hi. If you don’t mind, we would need the order number. Is the Bluetooth something we installed? we typically do our communication at 10Hz or faster.

Hi,
    Yes it was a custom design and you provided and programmed the BT for me.
    Order# 47975, Date: 11/16/2016

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

I assume it worked to begin with since the robot is 4 years old. You will have to look at what has changed since the last time it worked. Make sure the batteries are good and fully charged. Other than that it is hard to say what the issue is without a lot more information

Yes, 4 years.. but never used it. it’s in the original shape and very clean. after testing it I put it in the same box that it came in. Just opened it a few days again (see attached). I was outside the country for most of that period.
    I suspect the timer interval but not sure. tried several values.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

How are you writing and sending commands to the robot? I would suspect that the delay is due to the Bluetooth. The Arduino is communicating using Serial, meaning you could potentially bypass the Bluetooth and try communicating with it via the USB port as a test. The timer in the code is only used to detect timeouts and stop the motors as a failsafe.

Hi,
    Just like it starts immediately after sending the go command, I want it to also stop immediately after sending the stop command. Now it doesn’t.. it stops after 4 seconds or after traveling 1 additional foot. (1/4 speed)
    I can send you the Arduino project by email if it can help..

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Sure you can email code your code to sdr@sdrobots.com.

And can you show me what you’re calling the “go” and “stop” commands? What are the exact packets that you’re sending?

No problem with drive commands.. all working fine. Only the stop command.

Stop command packet (8 bytes)
    Stop: [83, 68, 82, 127, 127, 0, 0, 254]. it stops the robot but after 4 seconds while expected immediately.
    I want to try USB, but I need to use a PC instead of Android app. Will try that tonight.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

OK let me know the results of that test. And can you also show me the drive command packets you’re using? And when you say the robot doesn’t stop, does it just keep traveling at the last speed you sent it and then stop after 4 seconds or does it just slow down very gradually?

OK let me know the results of that test. And can you also show me the drive command packets you’re using? And when you say the robot doesn’t stop, does it just keep traveling at the last speed you sent it and then stop after 4 seconds or does it just slow down very gradually?

Thanks so much..
    As mentioned I am not complaining of the other functions (forward, reverse, left, right).. everything is working fine.. I love the robot, It’s strong and highly reliable. The battery now is (at least) 4 years
    old and the whole system is working like a charm. If you looked at the previous posts on this thread then you can see that all is ok. It drives and stops.. Problem is it stops 4 seconds after sending the stop command. 4 seconds is too long time that the robot could hit something. At this time, and as a workaround, I am sending the stop command 4 seconds before the intended stop time. better than nothing.

I don’t know what you mean by slow down. All speeds and stops are defined by the software. It cannot slow down or accelerate by itself. The software controls everything.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

I understand that you’re not having problems with the drive command. I’m asking you to show me the command just so that I can compare a working command with a command that doesn’t work.

Hi,
    Sorry maybe misunderstanding..
    The drive command is: [53, 44, 52, 9E, 7F, 0, 1, 1D]

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

OK it looks like you’re using hexadecimal for the drive command but uint8 for the stop command. What if you send the stop command in hex? Try using [53, 44, 52, 7F, 7F, 0, 0, FE] for the stop command.

Thanks.. will try that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account