Tagged: ,

This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     mahadh92
    Participant

hello,

i’d like to order the 4WD All Terrain Robot Platform – IG42 SB, Item #:TP-132-042.
    and i have a few questions regarding it.

first, if i chose to order this motor:
    IG42 24VDC 122 RPM Gear Motor with Encoder (Add $230.00).
    Does the encoder has an odometer that will show the distance traveled by the robot?

second, if i chose to order this motor controller:
    RoboteQ SDC2150 – 2x20A 50V Motor Controller with Encoder Input (Add $225.00)
    how many maximum DC motors can it control? only two? i understood that i will receive one quantity of this controller and it will control the whole 4 DC motors, can i ask how? will it consider the two left wheels as one? and the same to the right two?

third, if i chose to order the ATR Upper Deck and Sensor Mount (Add $112.00) as an accessory, can i ask how high it is? (its exact height please)?

fourth and last, if i needed to install shocks absorbers in the wheels, is there any suggestions provided by SDR?

Thank you.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

In short, yes it provided odometery, but you have to calibrate it and set it up right.

The encoders provide you with a set number of pulses per motor revolution. than you have the gear boxes and tires circumference to figure in. The easiest way is to wire the encoders in drive it a set distance using a tape measure. Then do the match of number of pulses to a inch or cm or foot, etc that you want.

As far as wiring up the encoders, please see our encoder support page. If using the RoboteQ you will need pullup resistors or you can use our encoder pullup board.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

As far as ATR upper deck we will updated the item description to include the height. the length and width is tailored to match the chassis. the height is to go over the standard batteries, we can vary it slightly if needed for no charge since we build everything to order in our shop.

As far as shock absorption its best to leave the chassis rigid and put a dampening plate on vibration mounts on the top deck if you have some sensitive equipment. Modifying that chassis with shock absorbers will be close to impossible.

mahadh92
    Participant

Thank you so much.
    the second question i’m still confused about it though.

if i chose to order this motor controller:
    RoboteQ SDC2150 – 2x20A 50V Motor Controller with Encoder Input (Add $225.00)

how many motor controller will i get? and how will it control the 4 mototrs?

Thanks a lot

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

The qty is listed for each item in the options unless its qty 1. For a standard ATR only one motor controller is needed. It’s a 2 channel motor controller for the left motor(s) and right motor(s). You just put the right motors in parallel and the left motors in parallel. Please look at these support pages

http://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/custom.aspx/motor-wiring-support/19/
    http://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/custom.aspx/robot-electrical-power-and-wiring/53/
    http://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/custom.aspx/how-to-build-a-robot/70/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account