This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 3 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

A customer asked:

I am looking at an automated 4WD robot and planning to attach a small 2-foot snowplow in front of it. I am trying to make it with a budget of $800-900 or less. Can you please suggest any configurations which might work? I live in Albany, NY, where 4-6 inches of snow are a common sight.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

We have some 4WD robots, but you need a lot of power to push the snow. Hence the cost of our snow plow robots. You can try to put a plow on these, but the weight of the plow and snow may be too much for it. 4WD Prebuilt ATR with 10″ tires It may be better going with 78 RPM motors for more power. The prebuilt robot can be bought in kit form here and select the same options except IG42 78 RPM motors. 4WD Robot Kit. It would be best to go with a Sabertooth 2×25 motor controller too, and maybe bigger SLA batteries for longer run time and more weight. The kit does not include the bottom plate or assembly to help with the budget. You will need to find a real light plow and I think it will be difficult to push 6 inches of wet snow, but you might be able to push some… You will be trying something new. Our snow plows are much larger and have a lot more power, but the blades are bigger too… If you go forward, send us some pictures and let us know how it works.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Also do not forget to put the electronics in a waterproof enclosure. The snow will melt on the motor controller and bad things will happen…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account