Tagged: , ,

This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 11 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

A Customer recently asked:

I am using a spectrum radio and was wondering what way should I install the receiver .

If I install it inside with a aluminum cover will it cause signal loss and what way would you recommend other materials such as plastic or chopping block material or mount it outside of the cover .

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Installation of the receiver inside a aluminum box will significantly reduce the signal, hence your range. If you are only using it to a couple hundred feet, it may be alright. You can drill a small hole (holes) and bring the wire from the antenna out and that will work fine. If you are using a receiver with satellite receivers, you can put them outside and keep the receiver inside. Or just use a piece of plastic as a cover, plastic will not cause much degradation at all. its best to have the antennas on the top of the robot so they have clear line of site of your transmitter. You can attach the receiver with velcro or zip ties. Hope this helps. Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account