This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by dan77062.

• Author
     dan77062
    Participant

I am assembling one of the custom length robot kits and have a question about how to tighten the motor base plate to the bar. Refer to pages 22 and 23 of the AT_VR Manual.
    The two tiny nuts that are located toward the interior of the bar are difficult to reach and line up with the bolt. However, with some fiddling, I got it done. However, once the wheel shaft is in place, it becomes really difficult to access those nuts– needlenose pliers reach them, but cannot grab them well enough to tighten. I know that the manual says it is OK to not fully tighten them (flex coupling) but they are too loose for the mount to be secure. I think that if I apply locktite to them now, eventually the wobbling will cause the mounting to fail.

Suggestions?

phwillys
    Participant

You can stick a large flat screwdriver inside the tube and pry up on the side of the nut to hold it from spinning. You can also pull the shaft and bearing out and reach it from the inside of the bearing hole. If you use locktite and at least snug them up tight then they will hold. Let us know how that works! Send a picture too if you want to show off your robot in process.

dan77062
    Participant

I can get it pretty tight with the shaft and bearing out, but the issue there is that the instructions are pretty clear regarding allowing the motor to center with the shaft and bearing in place and only after that tightening those bolts.

Guess I will just tighten as much as I can and see how it goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account