- July 6, 2016 at 4:25 pm #3503SuperDroidKeymaster
A Customer Recently asked.
Previously, we had purchased a Sabertooth 25A Motor Driver, but more recently we purchased lower RPM motors and the 32A driver. We configured it with the same dipswitch settings as our 25A driver, but we can’t get the motors to drive with the Sabertooth library that works fine with the 25A driver.
A live support representative stated that each motor controller is different, and that they are controlled and programmed differently. Do you have any sample code for the 32A driver? Or further help in getting us set up with this?
Thanks,July 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm #3504SuperDroidKeymaster
The same code can be used to control the 2×32; the main difference is in the dip switch settings. Here is a link to the datasheet: https://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/Sabertooth2x32.pdf. The dip switch settings for serial mode are on page 23. To summarize:
– Put switches to 1 and 2 down for serial mode
– Switch 3 down if you’re using a battery to enable regen braking
– Switch 4 up if you’re using packets with checksums (if you’re using the Arduino Sabertooth library you are)
– Switch 5 up for address 128. If you want a non-128 address, put switch 5 down, plug in a microUSB, and set what the alternate address is using the DEScribe software: https://www.dimensionengineering.com/info/describe.
– Switch 6 down if you’re using Estops. The Estops on the 2×32 are on pins A1 and A2 — one Estop for each motor channel. You can jumper these together if you don’t need independent Estops.
SuperDroid Robots Inc.
http://www.SuperDroidRobots.com | Robot Parts, Kits, and Custom Solutions
http://www.SDRTactical.com | Tactical Robots for First Responders
http://www.SDRobots.com | Blog and Forum
224 Technology Park Lane | Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.